Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: SILVER-EYE POLL

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have 5 PM dolls and so far, no silver eye. *crosses fingers* I would be devastated if it happened to any of my girls, because 4 out of my 5 PMs are my childhood dolls. If an eye replacement went awry, they could not be replaced.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought on ebay one PM Molly that came with silver eye - back she went - they had not disclosed that.

    I had one Molly that both her eyes had gone silver. I did sell her on ebay disclosing that.

    I have one bitty that has a brown eye that is going silver. She is going to the AG hospital this month to get a new head. (Which is a hard choice to make. Keep the sweet PM eyelashes and have a scary eye or lose the eyelashes when they put on a new head.)

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    None of my girls have silver eye... yet... ::knock on wood::

    If they do, I will just CRY because they're my childhood companions and an eye replacement wouldn't be the same.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had hoped that none of my girls would get silver eye, but of my eight PM girls, two have them have the beginning signs of it. Traveling Ruthie now has silver eye, and so does my AA Bitty, Meghan. I just noticed Meghan's, and I hope it doesn't get any worse. forums Both girls were originally purchased around 1996/1997, though Meghan was a thrift store purchase.

    My cousin's Molly has the beginnings of silver eye, too. It doesn't look bad, but I hope my Molly doesn't get it. Two dolls having it is enough.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member lovethosedolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Out of my Pre-Mattels, only one had silver eye. It was my Mia (#15). Sent her to the hospital and was back in like two weeks.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Nevtal's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2006
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After originally posting in this thread, I double-checked all of my dolls. I was absolutely devastated to find that two of my PM dolls have developed silver eye, and I hadn't even noticed. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] One of them, Kirsten, is one of my very first dolls that I've had since I was five or six. The other, Ayame (#4), I've had since I was seven or eight. I literally broke down for a few minutes, than jumped into action to get my girls to the dolly hospital for "laser eye surgery". They'll be going into tomorrow afternoon.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keiko, my 1995 Asian AGT4, went all silver in one eye. I sent her to the AG hospital and she came back with the current eyes and eyelashes. She spooked me out for quite a while because the current eyes are bigger than the old PM ones. Gina has silver eye (brown hair, gray eyes) so I got her a gray contact lens from my friendly optician and glued it over the problem eye with clear fingernail polish. No way was she going to the hospital! My AGT20 (blonde hair, gray eyes) was the first to get silver eye but thank heavens it was before Mattel took over so she got a whole new head that was just like her original one.

    I just adopted a white bodied Kirsten from ebay who has a ring of silver dots inside the inner edge of the colored part of her eye. I've never seen that before. Is that what you're calling bubble eye? Anyway, the seller posted good photos and pointed out the problem and since this Kirsten is going to teach in a school of magic, the strange eye will be an asset. Makes her more magical.

    I would be wary of sending a nice old PM doll to the AG hospital because the BEST thing that could happen is she'll keep her head but get those hard straight new eyelashes. Ick.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nine PM dolls---NO silver-eye!! (Not yet--knock wood!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Octavias's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2006
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone have or know where to see a picture of silver eye?

  10. #40
    MickeyFan
    Guest MickeyFan's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Sakurako:
    I just adopted a white bodied Kirsten from ebay who has a ring of silver dots inside the inner edge of the colored part of her eye. I've never seen that before. Is that what you're calling bubble eye?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The problem with my Kirsten was in just one eye. It looked like her pupil was shrinking compared to her other eye and the way she was originally. The pupil looked like it was a clear bubble. So I guess that isn't really a bubble but more like "shrink eye". Thanks for the idea on the contacts. I wish I had done that with Kirsten. I'm still upset they ruined my doll [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I agree. I will never send another doll to the hospital again.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •